Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Holidays!!!

Maybe my resolution for the new year will be to update my blog once a week...haha, probably not. I think I'll just set a goal to do a little better, yep, I can handle that. So, it is New Year's Eve, and Sara is trying to get the family to stop playing around on cell phones and computers. Apparently even though we're sitting in the same room, she doesn't feel that it counts as quality family togetherness time. This means that I don't have much time to really write anything at all, but I thought I could handle one last post before the new year begins.

For the past week I've been home with my family celebrating the holidays. Being a teacher definitely comes with its perks as far as vacation time during the holidays and in the summer. This year's break has been a little short, but it's been great. Zach and Nikky and Declan have been here from Memphis, which has been a lot of fun. We've mostly spent our time playing games, watching movies, and of course, watching Declan. He's only 4 1/2 months old, so he doesn't do much, but we all seem to be pretty content with holding him and going out of our way to make him laugh and smile. He's pretty cute. It hasn't been too bad spending time with Zach and Nikky either :) I've also enjoyed spending time with all of the rest of my family. I have to admit, my family is pretty great, and I'm grateful for the time that I have to spend with them.

The break is almost over now, and I can't say I'm to excited about returning to school. I really do have a pretty good group of kids, and I do look forward to seeing them and hearing about what they did over the break, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sick of them again in no time. They were pretty funny on the last day before the break because Hailey came to visit. It was really funny how many people at school talked to her thinking she was me. The first student who saw her said, "She doesn't even look like you!" I said, "she doesn't?" and he replied with, "No, she has earrings!" Then later when the rest of my students came in, they swarmed around her and all said, "say something, say something!" They wanted to know if she would sound like me, but I was trying to get them to settle down, and I said "shh," and they immediately turned to Hailey and said, "say shh, say shh!" So, she of course said "shh," and they excitedly shouted that she sounds just like me...it was great.

Well, that's about all I have time to write for now. Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too funny what your students were doing to Hailey! Amber and I have never and will pretty much never have an experience like that, since most people don't even know we're related ha ha. I'm glad we all went to lunch this week! It was fun to see you! :)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Funny about the students and Hailey! Kids are great. HOpe to see you soon!

Neal and Angie said...

Just found your blog. Sounds like you had a great Christmas...I'm sad I didn't get to see you. Hope you're doing well.

Hailey said...

So, how's that new year's resolution coming?