Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rare post from pretty much the worst blogger ever

It turns out that I'm not the best at updating my blog. In my defense, I have been extremely busy, but I suppose I could still do better than I have. So, in case anyone out there in blogland is wondering what's happened to me, school is back in session, and I have a job! I suppose that would have been important info to update on my blog... Anyway, I am teaching 4th grade at Sandy Elementary, which is in the Canyons school district. One random connection I have with the school is that Hailey did her student teaching there, so some of the teachers were a little surprised to see me. Also, my good friend Melissa teachers 4th grade there as well, and I never would have gotten the job without her. I'm really enjoying working with her and the rest of the 4th grade team. My commute is about 35-40 min, depending on the day, and I pretty much hate it, but I'm getting used to it. I am really starting to like the school that I work at though, and I work with some great people who have been very helpful and supportive as I've been adjusting to a new school in a new school district and teaching a new grade level. It's been a stressful adjustment with a lot of new challenges, but I'm starting to feel like I'm getting into a routine, and I know what I'm doing.


In addition to my teaching, I am also taking several classes. It seemed like it would be a good idea to continue my master's program since I had already done so much, but now I'm not so sure. I have a math class on Tuesdays, ESL classes on Thursdays, and two online courses. I'm basically a full time student again, so it's a little stressful, but I'm somehow managing to survive.


Well, that's a quick update on my life. I've also had some fun in the past few months, so you can check Hailey's blog to find out about those things because she is a much better blogger than I am. Oh, and I'm going ot Memphis in 8 days to see Declan!!! I'm really excited to meet my new nephew, and I suppose it will be good to see Zach and Nikky too :) Maybe I'll blog blog about the trip...or maybe not.


Here's a picture of my 4th graders!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting the job! And telling us about it! ha ha Better late than never, right? Have fun in Memphis when you go! That is so exciting. New nieces and nephews are so much fun!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am so glad you got a job-yeah! Hope you have fun in Memphis too, Declan looks like a cutie!

Hailey said...

Holy Hannah, you actually did it! You even added a picture. Nice work! I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner.

Mary said...

Hey, I enjoyed reading your blog...AND... I think you can call yourself a blogger, because it looks like you post at least once a month!
However, from June to October is a lot of dead air space.

I'm glad you got a job. Of course, I'm totally biased, but I think 4th grade is the best. I'll admit though that it's hard to move down.

Amber said...

Oh look at your adorable 4th graders. And I understand about not updating your blog...it's life. No worries!! I still always look to see if you updated it and you eventually do and that is all that matters. I like to see how all my wonderful friends are doing!!! love ya hil!