Thursday, April 30, 2009

Republica Dominicana!!!

So, I decided that since I did actually go on an exciting trip for Spring Break, it was about time I posted a few pictures--even if Hailey already did, and you really could just look at her blog. Anyway, the trip really was wonderful and exactly the relaxing vacation I needed. I hardly thought about end of year testing, grad programs, job searching, etc. for the whole week. Except of course for the morning I got online and had a mild panic attack when I found out my district had started posting job openings even though it was the middle of spring break. I did think about it a little that day, but I tried to limit the time I spent thinking about it to about 30 min. as I called my mom, and she very kindly helped me apply for the jobs. After that, it was back to relaxing by the pool, reading good books, and enjoying a view of the ocean with the sounds of waves crashing in the background. I'll try to write more about the trip later, but for now I decided I will just post some pictures. Hailey's going through and giving daily detailed descriptions anyway, so you can always just look at her blog if you want to read more about it.

Our lovely group just outside the Puerto Plata
airport after finally arriving in the DR
Kristen, Carli, Jackie, Melissa, Hailey, and Me

A view of the beach just down the steps from our resort

All of us again, this was our first walk down to the beach

Horseback riding on the beach was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

Melissa and me getting ready to go snorkeling

Me on the beach in Sosua. The water was beautiful here--so blue and calm. It was definitely a great place to go snorkeling, even if the yellow fish did decide to attack my arm. Once upon a time I wanted to be a marine biologist, but I'm now convinced that most marine life hates me, so it was probably wise to give up that dream.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

It's beautiful there. Very jealous!

Unknown said...

I am 100% jealous of you girls! I am up here in Rexburg freezing right now, thinking about that lovely beach you've been lying on. Good for you! I hope you've had a great time!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Amber said...

I'm glad you didn't copy and paste HIl. Or did you? ha ha You are so funny. I loved all your pics. I'm so jealous. I bet it was so warm and wonderful. I miss you guys!!!!